Saturday, May 4, 2013

I am trying to make some healthier choices in my life, eat better, exercise a little (really hate too!!)  less processed food, more home made.
My BFF gave me this recipe & it is such a HIT!!
 
Here are the finished bars:
 
 
2 Cups Organic Quick Oats
1/2 cup seeds (I use Sunflower)
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (like Almonds)
1/2 Cup Peanuts
1  1/2 Dried Fruit
1/4 Cup Chia Seeds (optional)
1/4 Ground Flax
1/2 tsp sea salt
 
1/2 Cup (Raw) Organic Honey
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 oz Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
 
Roast the oats in the oven at 350* on a pan for about 15 mins.
 
In a pan combine Honey, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Butter & salt and cook on Medium 
 
 
 Stir constantly till well combined.
 
Combine dry ingredients
 
Pour Mix over dry ingreidents and mix till everything is well coated.
 
Reduce heat to 300* 
Grease pan with Coconut Oil well
 
 
Press granola in pan evenly & use spatula to press down well. 
Bake for 25 mins.
 
 
 
Remove from oven & cool atleast 6 hours.  Overnite is best so that the bars stick nice after cut & wont crumble.
 
 
I make these once a week.  Luv them!!  Loaded with Protien, Fiber & healthy other stuff!!
 
Going to try other flavors, will share those too after I try them!
Enjoy!!
 
~ Bunny


2 comments:

Kat said...

You did a good job Bunny. How have you been? If you get a chance, visit my blog. I am having a giveaway for my new cookie cookbook.

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!